but can she love you/
Hello there Sunday :)
A little recap of the weekend and what I can remember of it-
ICE CREAM NIGHT!! - Walked to Shengsiong cause we’re cheap like that. Got the Hershey Double Dutch tub (marshmallows, chocolate chips and brownie bits, plus assorted nuts) and shockingly we finished it over the Hobbit 2. Hahaha didn’t know where the time went, but it was fun ^.^
BBALL MORNZ! Was so stoned in the morning- not sure if stamina went down because I didn’t sleep enough or cause of the food poisoning bout or because I was plain old lazy. Not sure what I want out of basketball now- hit another plateau maybe. Maybe I need to read more SLAM DUNK!! or Kuroko to get back things going again.
HORSE RIDING!! I really want to learn horse riding!! And get up close to pretty horses. Not too sure what brought this on- maybe watching Hobbit or something haha. Wanderlust *_*
GERMAN ! Am actually kinda getting worried that I will not be able to graduate if I fail this module so badly and not get the MCs. A little bit too late for regrets now that I’ve already sat for the last semester test I guess. Uh oh…On the other hand, borrowed Edwin’s Minna ninhongo textbook and god do I miss Japanese or what!!!
GREY LENSES! Tried on one of five pairs of the grey Freshkon trial lenses! Nobody really notices it until like I stare at them and tell them about it. HAHAAH
CATCHER IN THE RYE- my current book! Finally hit the 20 book mark after reading this mystery thriller (not very thrilling though) - ‘A for Alibi’. Also hit the jackpot in the school library- A Tale for the Time Being (Ruth Ozeki)- something I read about in the Straits Times some time ago. Also finished my latest edition of Nat Geog- learnt about Bluefin tuna, black holes and nectar bats! Me likes all the nature stuff, not so much about the complex humanitarian crises covered what with all the bombings and oppression.
YOUTH WITH VISION!- Ended our last session on Saturday. Earlier on in the week the clouds carried out the various mirroring projects- and to my surprise received a few notes though I didn’t write nothing for nobody D: Ohmy haha so touched and grateful ! Am just kinda shocked cause like.. I really wasn’t expecting anything especially from my guy neighbours from upstairs. Thanks guys! It has been a really fun semester to finally get to know you guys too. Just a pity that it’s a pretty short time ohwells.
Saturday’s morning session- the weather was brillant- breezy with rain. Such perfect weather to sleep in! Woke up feeling quite refreshed despite hanging out late with JKC (lol I’m so lazy they become so abbreviated lol) eating a lot of junk (mostly me). Calbee chips, chocolate milk & Sara Lee pound cake LOL. And playing streetfighter and Stickman hahaha. Morning was spent like troubleshooting- ran into the kink that the pizza places didn’t open till like 1030 or 11am, and delivery ran even later! Am proud of myself this moment for staying dafuq calm and just troubleshooting with Jaryl & Ximeng. We figured things out together and finally got it solved with the school’s Sarpino! Wrote a thankyou note to the friendly staff who rushed out our order of 10 pizzas at such short notice. This is what I like about team work I guess!!
Also Elvis and Vanessa surprised the committee with certificates! Was totally not expecting it haha sneaky sneaky eh! But so touched. Thanks :’)
Am very grateful to have a fun team to work with, and the awesome mentors and mentees. Am totally gonna miss everybody though I didn’t even get my own mentee. BUT ALL SO CUTE OMG.
thanks Vivi for the photos :)
Had dinz with Linghong & Oli one night too! Nomnom otah fishcake. Loves so much. Love you too :> Was so tired I konked out on one of the lounge sofas.
Was hanging out in 15 lounge studying or something too- my room is now too much of a distraction what with all the instruments around. Got to know Sove better in the course of the afternoon :D The 15 girls are sweet but lol just the other afternoon I found an UNKNOWN in the toilet o_o Like who are you and … you stay here? On this floor? And I thought I knew everyone on my wing already. o_o”
Tried to record a song with Janan the other afternoon but haha it proved impossible LOL we do not really work well together- my impatience and his indecisiveness and basically our lack of persistence LOL. Ohwell haha cuz HIS VOICE IS NICE! Ohwell haha the window of opportunity to record together has passed lol I told him I give up HAHA
Also I just wanted to mention like how the universe is so awesome. Yknow the quote “when you want something, the universe conspires to help you?” This is how I feel quite often nowadays. Today I wanted to buy my mama flowers and after tuition just nice the flower stall opened. Like it totally doesn’t open every Sunday so I guess I’m lucky enough!!! And the whole pizza for YWV thing- during the 1 minute reflection I’m just like praying and begging for things to smoothen themselves out haha. And it did! So thankful. More things like that happened- like when I worry about something, and the next day , hey presto! Emails come into my inbox addressing the problem, like magic. Amazing. Or like when I am just about to leave the house and Dorisa texts about violin jamming. It all aligns so nicely haha. Or I have like really selective memory and only remember all the good stuff that happens maybe. Haha.
The power of positive thought? I believe in it.
Aight. Time to do some work :)
Loves and peaceout <3
a list of thank-yous :)
- Thank you to Carey my sweet neighbour! Found two pretty music related gold clips ( a guitar and a mic) on my door the other day. Am very touched haha because I always feel guilty for making so much noise as a neighbour. Arigatou <3
- Thank you to my stomach who has been patient with me and literally stomaching all the stuff I eat- fried things, chocolate, late night suppers and all- thanks for not giving up on me and making me heave-ho all over the place again. Appreciate that very much.
- Thanks to all my CAPT buddies haha you guys are da bomb.
- Thanks Dorisa woohoo for jamming violin & the absolutely delicious mango popsicle yesterday :DD
- Thanks to Joseph Ken and Crystal for putting up with my nonsense in the middle of the night haha. And yay for tom-yum instant noodles and thanks Joseph for helping to dabao lunch today yeyz.
- Thank you Bryan for the awesome magic fingers HAHA . Can finally feel my blood circulating haha.
- Thank you CC also for being a patient friend :>
- And Stella for your godsaving Hershey chocolate :)
- And Sarah and Elisa for being patient friends too. Thanks yall :3
- Thanks ahniao for the trial Freshkon lenses!! Am trying Magnetic Grey now HAHA
THURSDAY, APR 10, 2014SAGGITARIUSDaydreams full of adventure, perhaps involving travel, could take up a lot of your time today, Sagittarius. You’re probably bored with your situation and longing to do something to break your routine. You might have no idea how you can escape from everything right now. Don’t force it. Spend the afternoon in a place you don’t usually visit. You’ll come up with a workable idea in due time. Go for it!
- Completed my first Coursera course today! Am proud :)
- Not so proud about my German results- but so glad to be back rolling tongues in Japanese.
- God help me because I’m lost as hell.
- I know I’m perpetuating the hurt and the past but I just stubbornly do not want to move on. I’m not the best at leaving painful situations. I might even thrive on sadness and darker feelings like this. One half of me needs it.
- Sounds like another existential crisis. 我到底又在这里做什么