come to me please
Had a helluva week!
Was lots of fun haha but I was kinda physically burnt out by the 3 day insomnia and energy intensive activities haha.
Had ramen with Dori at Bedok! And awesomez durian ice cream ohmygawd my new vice. Am very glad that she finds a lot of joy in her work :)
Had ramen yesterday too, with the Hs! Hahaha free taugay and eggs ftw!!! Had Melona ice cream omg wo hen xi huan :) Went watch hunting to no avail- and I shall look for a triangle black watch too hahaha indie hipster much? Was in a pick-fight mode yesterday- really grumpy from being tired!
Friendly- I think we made some good plays- this friendly was great practice and I hope everyone had fun :) The sun was blazing relentlessly though oh gosh too hot.
Wore heels to an interview and up to now my feet still hurt. D:
Went back to FOC to visit mah boys & crystal :) Was so good to see everybody else in CAPT though! <3 <3 Carol, Bao, Abi, Ernest, Edwin, Mike, Kaiying, Xiaodong, Suankai, Brandon, Chings and all the black Y2s!!
Was a super freeload senior though- ate and hung out and kinda became a burden D: Left my toiletries bag at home and didn’t have my contact lens box and solution. Joseph ze busy councillor borrowed solution for me though (trying not to pun here) wah I paiseh but thanks :))) Also thank you for your matric card lol I’m so sorry I forgot to bring it back:/
Hung out with Linghong too :) Hugs <3 Heehee L6 nua-ing ahahha. Missing your cushions and blankets.
Then hung out with Ken Elvis Crys CC!! We ate popcorn like old times wahahaha. Threw rafia string at CC. Played with rafia string w my fellow troller Elvis. HAHA. Talked till dawn, by then J C CC all sleep liao haha. Minds still functioning at 5-6am, not bad right?! :) So glad to catch Elvis before he flies for exchange in August :)
Morning!!! Went for bfast with CC & Elvis- then we sent some tehping over! Then I had a campus tour (thanks Jen!!)! HAHA was much fun and I’m super super thankful that Ken came along. Saved my ass with the chinese, troubleshooting and planning the route. Haha was great to have someone to plan stuff and facilitate the rather huge crowd. Wouldn’t have thought of OSA etc haha :) THANKS I OWE YOU :P And the kids were damn cute wth. Okay they’re not really kids kids but still, very young, friendly and basically a very sweet bunch. :’) 攀岩墙 bitches. HAHA :)
FOC BBQ~ Black seniors came back! Good to see everyone too :) Was mega tired again, but the sparklers were beautiful :) And yay to marshmallows :))) Didn’t take much photos in the end cuz it was really really dark ._.” Didn’t eat much either, not sure if feeling down from interview or shagness.
"FORGET IT OK!!! FORGET IT!!!!!!!"
Monday- was busy doing work and all- brain was fried and I was so tired from the insomnia and day activities that I was zoning out during training. Which is good because my mind only focuses on that. That and the addictive song Rude.
Funny how I joined softball just 2-3 years ago when I first entered NUS. Wednesdays and Saturdays were days I blocked off for these years. My seniors were patient with me and taught me all they knew. They encouraged me, yelled at me, - everything to help me improve. Sometimes I felt like shit but at the end of the day I know that it will all be worth it.
Went to watch my first game in Kallang, can’t remember if I was on the field or the bench but it was sooooo awesome. My favourite diamond is the open one- I liked the space.
Some softball milestones & memories in my life:
1. First training- touched base with Eriks who was the manager then- got hit on the mouth during training by Suyee, my lips bled. But I came back again.
2. Started to learn batting from many many people, Fadz changed my batting stance from righty to lefty. So I field right and bat left now. When I get ready to bat, the fielders will be like ‘lefty!’. Hopefully one day I’ll be strong enough to make them go “stand back!” Hahaha.
3. The day Li en adjusted my hips during training and I found new power in throwing- needed that so much to do outfield better.
4. Outfield training/pedalling in Chiangmai by Liping.
5. Zesa’s hiong fielding trainings- thats what the previous training reminded me of- the consecutive fielding. Not scared or even resentful for it, I just want to improve. Sengwei’s sliding practice.
6. Encouragement on the field. The feeling of security with Suyee as 1, Eriks on 2. Me on right, Li en as center.
7. My first game as an outfielder, my first run home. My jersey, my cap, my slacks. My first football shoes. My first glove. My many batting gloves that are actually golf gloves. Haha. Long socks.
8. Jamming my thumb when throwing with Yawen, end up skipping training for a while.
9. Witnessing home-runs by SJ and Yawen
10. My favourite blue Catalyst bat.
11. Fking up in outfield and catching flies during matches. Being so frustrated and relieved.
12. Sixian’s words of encouragement and guidance all the way. :’)
Grew to love softball, grew to love batting, fielding, outfield, sometimes infield, sprinting, running, training. Love my team mates, love my field, the gorgeous night sky, picking balls from the drains.
Love very much.
I think I’ve grown a lot all around. Mentally, physically, experience wise. Not perfect but definitely someone better than the clumsy freshman who could not throw far, had awful fielding, had fears of being hit during long hits, shirking training feels etc.
Just feel many loves. <3 I just want to try harder.
This is a personal piece I finished back in February of a concept I’ve been developing since forever. It won Society of Illustrators 2014! I’m going to the reception on May 9th so if you’re in NY at the time, come and say hi! Admission is free! ^v^